Our business relationship began in 2011 when we were members of a doula support organization. Sometime around the summer of 2012 we were both finding ourselves struggling with our passion for supporting birthing families and the difficulty of being constantly on-call, while keeping up with the demands of our full family lives.
In a “light bulb” moment we came up with a perfect solution to our dilemma and joined forces. This partnership has allowed us to offer support to families in a way that we could never do on our own. We have very similar philosophies about birth and our personalities and strengths complement each other well. Our flexible and easygoing tendencies allow us to follow your lead as we work to help you to tap into your abilities to find the way to what it is that you need to birth your baby and yourself as a parent.
We support a broad range of families and birth plans. Our experience includes medicated and un-medicated births, hospital, home, birth center, cesarean births, families birthing after cesarean, and waterbirth.
Our preparation as Doulas, Birthing From Within© Mentors, Placenta Encapsulators and Birth Story Listeners has included the following trainings:
- Doulas of North America Doula Training dona.org
- To Labor Doula Training tolabor.com
- Birthing From Within Doula Training
- Birthing From Within Mentor Training
- Birth Story Listening Training
- Birth Art birthingfromwithin.com
- Story Telling, Healing and the Birth Workers Journey artofopening.com
- Spinning Babies Workshop spinningbabies.com
- Placenta Benefits Info placentabenefits.info